Writing lesson plans has been a challenge. I don't know if it's because it's the start of us learning but it seems to take a long time. I am so excited to be at the place where we don't have to think so hard about it and everything just naturally comes out.
The end of the quarter has been stressful because of the many lesson plans and assignments that are due... this may be the reason why I am finding writing these lesson plans more challenging. I can't wait for it to end.. at least all of the assignments.
I have found the whole business of writing lesson plans really challenging as well. On one hand I think it is somewhat a waste of time because clearly none of our cooperating teachers use them (except when they are being evaluated). However, when I am done whining and complaining, I have to admit that through the process of writing all those lesson plans, I have learned a great deal about being a more thoughtful teacher. I now pay more attention to different types of assessment, including student voice and I make sure I am actually assessing my learning targets.
ReplyDeleteLike you, I am ready for a break. I will enjoy time off with no lesson plans more than you know. I am certain it will go by quickly though so we must be sure to savor every moment!