Last week's discussion about tracking and standardized tests and also the No Child Left Behind Act brought up a lot of questions, yet again.
I can't help but to ask if the people that are on the Education Board understand what schools are like.. The more I learn, the more I am convinced that they have no idea what is helping students. I feel like everything that they are doing is hindering the student's future. If we know that students learn better in a more creative environment, why do we require these standardized tests that take away from true learning. Come on now, do you remember those silly facts from your standardized tests? What I remember in the classroom is the more creative things and that is what I know I learned.
How do we bridge that gap between those who are controlling and enforcing these ridiculous acts? I feel like there is a definite disconnect between them and students and of course teachers. It just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe it's because I'm a pre-service teacher and I am not aware of everything in education, but as of now, I just don't get why teachers/students and the board are going in opposite directions.
No comments:
Post a Comment