I mentioned this in my previous post with using technology through the Smartboard to support calendar and weather learning. This is a part of the day that students love, but can become disengaged with, especially at the prekindergarten age. I would like to come up with a fun way to explore this part of the day using technology. The reasoning behind me choosing this is because I believe that it has a lot of potential for integration in other academic concepts such as counting, quantifying, sorting, observing, predicting, etc. I would love to see students use this time to not only learn about how to recognize and say the date and weather but be able to implement other skills that they have learned throughout other lessons.
Another area that I have been wanting to explore a little bit more is using technology to support beginning phonics skills. In our classroom, we start to teach beginning phonics throughout the later half of the school year. I would like to use technology to engage students that have a more difficult time focusing throughout these lessons. I am finding that the short attention span and lack of focus from some students hinder the depth of understanding when talking about putting letters together to make words. I would love to discover a way in which technology can support the students who struggle a little bit more in understanding these concepts.
No comments:
Post a Comment