This article was extremely interesting to me. I have a student in my class that has some behavioral issues that we have been trying to coach him in throughout the year. I have tried mini exercises with just him but have not seen a huge success. I wonder if it wasn't long enough because it literally has been 15-20 jumping jacks (prekindergarten style). This is something that I would like to try. I'm wondering if his behavior would slightly improve if we had time to exercise as a whole class that was more structured. I think this would be a fun action research project that I could do for the rest of the year to see if it helps.
This particular student struggles with his immediate reactions after quarrels of any kind. He struggles to control his temper and resorts to physical actions that are not appropriate in the classroom. This is something that I will try and update on here to see there is any improvement in his behavior.
No comments:
Post a Comment