I have found that using the ninja letter cards along side phonic phones have worked really well with students! My students are still engaged with both of these things. Although the specific student that I intended this for is slowly losing interest, my other students have truly increased in their learning and engagement. They really enjoy being able to create ninja moves with these letters.
So if I go back to the beginning of my first action research in including technology for calendar and weather, the technology helped with student engagement. I made sure that technology was more of a support than a replacement in teaching the concepts in calendar and weather. When doing this, I found that students showed engagement in learning. One of their favorite things to do was dress up our weather bear through the Smartboard to show each other what the weather was like that day.
The next action research of using ninja cards and phonic phones also showed an increase in engagement in students. I have found that both of these tools and the combination of both of these tools have helped students want to learn. They seem to have more fun and are willing to listen to what we are learning as a class. I have been continuing to use these tools and I really look forward to the end of the year as they increase learning in letter concepts.
No comments:
Post a Comment